Space Patch Information
These patches add some message cleanups to the damage code, and to the team
status display. They are also built to bring 0.8.3+S70930 up to date with the
NOTE: THE GAME SOFTCODE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TO COPE WITH MULTIPLE SHIELD
ARRANGEMENTS. SEE THE CHANGES FILE AFTER APPLYING THE PATCH
- Download S71024c.gz if you are going to apply this to a clean 0.8.4
- Download S71024.gz if you are going to apply this to 0.8.3 + S70930
- Change to your top-level directory, where you have space-0.8.4 or space-s70930 as a sub-directory
- Uncompress the patch using gunzip -d S71024.gz or gunzip -d S71024c.gz
- Run patch < S71024 or patch < S71024c
- Read the CHANGES file, and look through the source to see what's changed.
- Edit spaceconf.h to enable/disable the features you want
- Recompile the space code. Note: There are 4 warnings from command.c about discarding 'const'. These are expected, and I will correct this for the next patch set.
- Change to your mux source directory (eg ~/mux/src)
- Recompile your MUX
- Log into your MUX and @restart it.
- Check @version shows that the features you wanted are compiled in.
- Update the softcode to deal with the new features/changes.
This code is provided as a service to the community using the Portable
Space Code. By using this code, you agree that the author is not responsible
in any way for any damage caused.
Maintained by Mark Cooke
Last Updated: Friday, 28-Nov-2003 10:52:48 GMT