Space Patch Information
This patch correct a SEGV in the shield name lookup code if a non-ship object
is passed. It also cleans up a problem with generating the .depend file during
the build process, and cleans up the warning about sprintf from S71222.
NOTE: See the information about S71115 for the changes needed to support
the new console arrangements which are also in this release.
- Download S71224c if you are going to apply this to a clean 0.8.6
- Download S71224 if you are going to apply this to 0.8.6 + S71222
- Change to your space directory. (eg space-0.8.6 or space-s71222)
- Uncompress the patch using gunzip -d S71224.gz or gunzip -d S71224c.gz
- Run patch -p1 < S71224 or patch -p1 < S71224c
- Read the CHANGES file, and look through the source to see what's changed.
- Edit spaceconf.h to enable/disable the features you want
- Recompile the space code.
- If the warnings about discarding 'const' worry you, edit the externs.h, stringutils.c and db.c in the mux directory to make the relevant parameters 'const char *' instead of just 'char *'. NOTE: This may not be 100% safe for atr_add.
- Change to your mux source directory (eg ~/mux/src)
- Recompile your MUX
- Log into your MUX and @restart it.
- Check @version shows that the features you wanted are compiled in.
- Update the softcode to deal with the new features/changes.
This code is provided as a service to the community using the Portable
Space Code. By using this code, you agree that the author is not responsible
in any way for any damage caused.
Maintained by Mark Cooke
Last Updated: Friday, 28-Nov-2003 10:52:49 GMT