Space Patch Information
This patch reworks the roll code to be more consistent with the handling of
heading and speed when the MANUAL_DIR flag is set on an object. A new
attribute, MOVE_ROLL, is evaluated to set the current roll of the ship.
Also in this patch is the beginnings of some rework to the code to move
vessels and calculate facing shields. This is primarily focused on making
the code faster, and easier to understand.
NOTE: See the information about S71115 for the changes needed to support
the new console arrangements which are also in this release.
- Download S80102c.gz if you are going to apply this to a clean 0.8.6
- Download S80102.gz if you are going to apply this to 0.8.6 + S71224
- Change to your space directory. (eg space-0.8.6 or space-s71224)
- Uncompress the patch using gunzip -d S80102.gz or gunzip -d S80102c.gz
- Run patch -p1 < S80102 or patch -p1 < S80102c
- Read the CHANGES file, and look through the source to see what's changed.
- Edit spaceconf.h to enable/disable the features you want
- Recompile the space code.
- If the warnings about discarding 'const' worry you, edit the externs.h, stringutils.c and db.c in the mux directory to make the relevant parameters 'const char *' instead of just 'char *'. NOTE: This may not be 100% safe for atr_add.
- Change to your mux source directory (eg ~/mux/src)
- Recompile your MUX
- Log into your MUX and @restart it.
- Check @version shows that the features you wanted are compiled in.
- Update the softcode to deal with the new features/changes.
This code is provided as a service to the community using the Portable
Space Code. By using this code, you agree that the author is not responsible
in any way for any damage caused.
Maintained by Mark Cooke
Last Updated: Friday, 28-Nov-2003 10:52:50 GMT