Space Patch Information
This patch is a bug fix update. There are two new console type manipulation
space calls to allow the console type to be read back and changed without
restarting the space object. A bug fix for the damage repair function is
also implemented in this release.
NOTE: See the information about S71115 for the changes needed to
support the new console arrangements which are also in this release.
- Download S80401c.gz if you are going to apply this to a clean 0.8.6
- Download S80401.gz if you are going to apply this to 0.8.6 + S80314
- Change to your space directory. (eg space-0.8.6 or space-s80314)
- Uncompress the patch using gunzip -d S80401.gz or gunzip -d S80401c.gz
- Run patch -p1 < S80401 or patch -p1 < S80401c
- Read the CHANGES file, and look through the source to see what's changed.
- Edit spaceconf.h to enable/disable the features you want
- Recompile the space code.
- If the warnings about discarding 'const' worry you, edit the externs.h, stringutils.c and db.c in the mux directory to make the relevant parameters 'const char *' instead of just 'char *'. NOTE: This may not be 100% safe for atr_add.
- Change to your mux source directory (eg ~/mux/src)
- Recompile your MUX
- Log into your MUX and @restart it.
- Check @version shows that the features you wanted are compiled in.
- Update the softcode to deal with the new features/changes.
This code is provided as a service to the community using the Portable
Space Code. By using this code, you agree that the author is not responsible
in any way for any damage caused.
Maintained by Mark Cooke
Last Updated: Friday, 28-Nov-2003 10:52:51 GMT